Intel Security Group which was previously known as McAfee is an American global computer security software company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, and the world’s largest dedicated security technology company.The company was founded in 1987 as McAfee Associates, named for its founder John McAfee, who resigned from the company in 1994. McAfee was incorporated in the state of Delaware in 1992. Network Associates was formed in 1997 as a merger of McAfee Associates, Network General, PGP Corporation and Helix Software. The company restructured in 2004, beginning with the sale of its Magic Solutions business to Remedy, a subsidiary of BMC Software early in the year. In mid-2004, the company sold the Sniffer Technologies business to a venture capital backed firm named Network General (the same name as the original owner of Sniffer Technologies), and changed its name back to McAfee to reflect its focus on security-related technologies. McAfee technical support can be easily availed in the world by using many features like McAfee mobile security and using their website for contacting.
Something about anti-virus:
Anti-virus software is a program or set of programs that are designed to prevent, search for, detect, and remove software viruses, and other malicious software like worms, Trojans, adware, and more. These tools are critical for users to have installed and up-to-date because a computer without anti-virus software installed will be infected within minutes of connecting to the internet. The bombardment is constant, with anti-virus companies update their detection tools constantly to deal with the more than 60,000 new pieces of malware created daily.
There are several different companies that build and offer anti-virus software and what each offers can vary but all perform some basic functions:
- Scan specific files or directories for any malware or known malicious patterns
- Remove any malicious code detected –sometimes you will be notified of an infection and asked if you want to clean the file, other programs will automatically do this behind the scenes.
- Allow you to schedule scans to automatically run for you
- Show you the health of your computer
- Allow you to initiate a scan of a specific file or of your computer, or of a CD or flash drive at any time.
Always be sure you have the best, up-to-date security software installed to protect your computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Regarding the McAfee technical support with all queries:
- Visit Technical Support form.
- Fill in all the details.
- Depending on the specified issue, phone number, chat link or email formwill be displayed.
- Call on the McAfee customer service number and follow the IVRS.
Whenever you face any problem related to McAfee technical support, you can contact the McAfee toll free number and select the appropriate category from the IVRS service provided by it. These calls are being monitored and moderated by McAfee customer support for customer service antivirus, which is available 24*7 hours throughout the year.